IELTS is International English Language Testing System, a prerequisite test for admission into universities in many countries like Australia, USA, UK, Ireland, Canada, New Zealand and Switzerland.
It is also a criterion for immigration to Canada, Australia and New Zealand.
- IELTS is jointly managed by: University of Cambridge (ESOL Examinations), British Council, IDP Education Australia.
- IELTS assesses the language ability of candidates who need to study or work where English is the language of communication.
IELTS measures the four language skills : Listening, Reading , Writing, Speaking
- Listening section takes 30 minutes with 40 questions in 4 sections
- Ten minutes time is given to transform the answers to an answer sheet
- Reading section takes 60 minutes time in which 40 questions are asked based on 3 reading passages with a total of 2,000 to 2,750 words
In the Writing Section you have to write essays of 2 given tasks in 60 min.
Task – 1: You have to write an essay of 150 words in 20 min.
Task – 2: You have to write an essay of 250 words in 40 min.
The speaking module consists of an oral interview between the candidate and examiner, which takes 10-15 min.
Candidates receive scores on a band scale from 1 to 9 score is reported for each module of the test. The individual module scores are than averaged and rounded to produce an overall band score.
A band score of 5.5-7.0 is necessary for admission into University or College depending on the program.
The official website : http://ielts.org
For Getting registered to our IELTS training,